Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Chai Milkshake

I love chai... so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.  Glad I did because it was delicious!!  Hope you enjoy it too.

***


Chocolate Chai Milkshake

2 cups Milk
1 Whole Nutmeg or 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Cardamom
1/2 tsp. Fennel Seed
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
5 whole Black Peppercorns
2 pints Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 cup, plus 2 Tbsp. Chocolate Syrup

In a saucepan on medium-low heat, steep the milk with the nutmeg, cardamom, fennel seed, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and black peppercorns until the milk is fragrant, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to break the milk film or "skin" on the top. 




Strain and discard the solids. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes. 

In a blender add the ice cream, 1 cup strained milk and chocolate syrup.


Blend until smooth. Serve.



Makes 42 oz. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey... if you have something you want to say... say it here.